110-500 kV OF cables are used for the following purposes:
- output of power from hydro power plants to distribution facilities;
- power transmission in high urban density areas, over large bodies of water or areas with severe environmental pollution;
- power supply to energy-intensive industrial facilities;
- powering cities etc.
Ensuring OF cable reliability requires special equipment for timely maintenance. Of of the latest developments by GlobeCore engineers is the CMM-1CO unit. The distinction of this machine is its versatility. It can perform all tasks related to drying and degassing of cable oil, vacuum evacuation of cables and filling their make-up tanks with oil. Any oil with water content below 100 ppm and purity class better than -/19/16 (ISO 4406) can be processed.
The unit has three modes of operation:
- Cable oil processing (degassing).
- Filling storage tanks with degassed oil.
- Supply of degassed oil from storage tanks to cable systems.
For more information on the CMM-1CO, including specifications, click here. You can find advice from our experts or place an order by contacting us – refer to the corresponding section of the website.