- Removes Water from 100 ppm down to 10 ppm and from 50 ppm to 5 ppm in a single pass (ASTM method D-1533)
- Reduces Gas content from fully saturated with air (10 to 12% by volume) to less than 0.1% (ASTM D-2945)
- Removes Particulate Matter to 5 microns as standard orThe down to 0.3 micron (optional)
- Improves dielectric strength up to 75 kV
CMM 10m3/h – is High Vacuum Degasifier designed for the removal of solid particles, free and dissolved water and gases from transformer oil, lubricating oil, turbine oil and compressor oil.
CMM 10 m3/h is able to process oil on a “tank to tank”
basis or directly on an energized or de-energized transformer. The unit can be trolley or trailer mounted, semi-automated, fully automated (PLC controlled) and explosion proof versions of this unit are available. Optional equipment includes moisture probes, flowmeter with totalizer and 0.3 micron fine oil filter.
GLOBECORE OIL PURIFICATION PLANT CMM-10 COMPONENT DESCRIPTION
|| Production capacity, m3/h:
|| – thermo-vacuum mode
|| – heating and filtration mode
|| Treated oil parameters:
|| – gas content, %, maximum
|| – water content, ppm, maximum
|| – purity class (ISO 4406), minimum
|| 9 (-/15/12)
|| Nominal filtration rate, mkm
|| 0.3… 5
|| Outlet oil temperature, °С
|| Oil Pressure on outlet, Mpa, minimum
|| Heater power consumption,kW, maximum
|| Total Power Consumption, kW
|| Vacuum level in degassing mode, Pa, minimum
|| Electrical outlet parameters 50/60 Hz, V
|| Dimensions, mm, maximum length/width/height, mm
|| Weight, kg, maximum
1-Vessel, 2-Cover, 3-Vacuum Pump Connection, 4-Oil Inlet, 5-Oil Outlet, 6-Sight Glass, 7-Level Sensors, 8-Coalescers, 9-Vacuum Sensor, 10-Air Admittance Valve, 11- Oil Indicator
Vacuum Chamber Vessels
and all internal parts are made of carbon steel and feature Coalescers, Sight Glass, Oil Level Controller, Foam Sensor and Vacuum Gauge. The Vacuum Chamber’s rigid design makes it suitable for stationary and mobile operation. Industrial quality flexible connections are provided to both the outlet and inlet pumps to minimize the negative effects of vibration during plant operation and transportation.
– built-in coalescers are provided for the maximum exposure of the oil to the effects of vacuum. Due to reduced the pressure, dissolved water and gases are vaporized through the secondary chamber and filtered into atmosphere.
Secondary Chamber (Oil Trap)
– serves as safety feature to ensure that no oil is pulled into the vacuum pump.
– is provided to monitor Vacuum level in the Vacuum Chamber.
Oil Level Controller
– consists of three capacitive probes provided to maintain the required level of oil in the Vacuum Chamber.
– Rarely, but under certain conditions oil foaming may develop. When the Optical Sensor installed in the Vacuum Chamber detects a high level of foam, it will actuate a Solenoid Operated Valve to reduce vacuum and foam level.
– vacuum connections are provided to pull vacuum on the transformer.
Three Rotary Vane Positive Displacement Pumps
Pumping Speed 3 x 100 m3/h
Ultimate pressure 0.5 mbar
Pumping Speed 2100 m3/h
Ultimate Pressure 0.01 mbar
180 kW Oil Heater has a three stage heating facility with 60 kW of power each. Low watt density heating elements (1.2 W/cm2) are used to prevent heat degradation of oil. The heater is controlled be electronic temperature controller.
Inlet and Outlet Oil Pumps
Centrifugal pumps with power consumption of 7.5 kW and capacity of 30 m3/h are utilized to draw oil in and out of the vacuum system. All electric motors are protected by overload detection.
Instrumentation and Controls
– are installed to monitor the state of the Coarse and Fine Filters.
– receives input data from a temperature sensor and is connected to a control element of the heater.
A Mesh Strainer is provided to remove large particles that could cause damage to the Inlet Pump. A Coarse Filter for particles larger than 5 microns is installed at the entry port to the Vacuum Chamber. Oil then receives its final treatment by passing through the Fine Filter designed to remove 99.9% of particles larger than 2 microns or with an optional 1 micron capability.
Measuring and control parameters are pre-set by the manufacturer.
Power and Heating Indicators and Switches, Inlet and Outlet Oil Pumps Switches
– are located on the control panel.
Emergency Stop Button – is provided for safe shut down of the plant in case of emergency.
Alarms and Interlocks
CMM oil purification plants feature the following safety devises that ensure simple and reliable operation and will safely shut down the system in case of any alarm situation:
High Level Alarm
– will alert the plant’s operator by activating sound and light alarms and shut down the system safely should high level of oil persist.
Low Level Alarm
– interlocked with the inlet pump low level alarm will safely shut down the plant in case of insufficient oil level.
– only activates the Heater when oil flow is detected.
– prevents excessive foaming.
– all motors are protected by overload detection devices.
– a sound and light alarm with silence button will alert the plant’s operator of any emergency situations.
GlobeCore CMM-10 Flow Diagram
GlobeCore Fuller’s Earth Сartridges (ZP-260)
Fuller’s Earth systems are specially engineered to remove soluble contaminants such as acids, waxes, gums, resins, carbon residues and colloidal particles from transformer oil. They are designed for oil polishing after purification. For large quantities of oil GlobeCore’s
regeneration system is recommended.
The transmitter provides on-line transformer oil measurement of both the moisture content and the temperature. The unit comes complete with a display showing the level of moisture in a “ppm”readout.
Typical Oil Parameters after Treatment with Fuller’s Earth
|| Test Method
|| Before Reclamation
|| After Reclamation
|| Clear and transparent
|Acid Number, mg KOH/g
|| IEC 296; ASTM D-664
|| ISO 5662;ASTM D-1275
|Tangent delta at 90°C
|| IEC 247; ASTM D-924
|Oxidation Stability, mg KOH/g
|| IEC 1125А;IEC 1125B; IP-307
|Surface Tension at 25°C, mN/m
|| ISO 6295;ASTM D-2285
oil purification plants are mounted on a tandem axle trailer covered with a canvas canopy or made of steel sidewalls with lift up doors.
A Triple axle semitrailer is also available and has a GlobeCore
oil purification plant, an on-board generator with fuel tank, and an air conditioned and heated operator’s room.
GlobeCore Worldwide Sales